It's the little things in life, like the cool new blog designs from Blogger, that get you excited! Hope you like the new look of our blog page.
This week's dairy recipe comes late in the week, but it's a good one nonetheless. Kids of all ages will enjoy making ice cream in a bag. It's a perfect activity and snack for a hot summer day. Happy Dairy Month!
What you'll need:
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup milk or half & half
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
6 tablespoons rock salt
1 pint-size plastic food storage bag (e.g., Ziploc)
1 gallon-size plastic food storage bag
How to make it:
1. Fill the large bag half full of ice, and add the rock salt. Seal the bag.
2. Put milk, vanilla, and sugar into the small bag, and seal it.
3. Place the small bag inside the large one, and seal it again carefully.
4. Shake until the mixture is ice cream, which takes about 5 minutes.
5. Wipe off the top of the small bag, then open it carefully. Enjoy!